Tuesday, January 24, 2017

How to Reset Epson Printer Cartridge

How to Reset Epson Printer Cartridge


Have you experienced printer cannot print even with newly bought ink cartridge ?

I bought a Epson compatible ink cartridge few days ago. It works well for first few days. After print few hundreds of sheets, it just don’t print at all.

I thought it due to ink empty. After take out cartridge, found the ink is still available. Why it does not move at all even test print?

Reset Epson Printer Cartridge

Many users have same problem with Epson and post for help in forums. It is not printer problem though. Well, it may due to “internal ink counter” or “protection counter” full.

Epson put smart chip into cartridge. It end print when reach the limit even still got ink. Nowander my cartridge still has ink but can’t print.

So, I have two choice. Send to Epson service center to reset or do it myself to save some money. Of course I choose second choice. What I need is SSC Service Utility for Epson Stylus printer.

It is a small program. Download SSCServe v4.30 and install took me few seconds. Follow the instruction to configure your Epson printer model then reset the counters to zero.

The trick wok for many people. It work for me too, I reseted all counters (protection counter, ink counter). But at last, I still buy another cartridge to replace. Because the ink low level and I don’t have refill pack!

Perhaps the refill pack is cheaper than the compatible ink cartridge. If not the SSC utility does not make sense too

SSC Service Utility
Main features :

SSC Service Utility allow you to do many amazing things with Your Epson printer :

1) Work directly with CSIC in Epson Stylus printers cartridges.
2) Reset or rewrite any chip using special addon device.
3) Freeze internal ink counters.
4) Reset internal ink counters even with empty cartridges.
5) Separate cleaning of color and black heads for all Epson inkjet printers, powerful cleaning mode.
6) Hot swapping of cartridges supported.
7) Resetting of protection counter (even then it is already full).
8) More then 100 different Epson printers supported

Download SSC Service Utility


Available link for download

No comments:

Post a Comment